I'm glad to inform you that my first email sent from ConvertKit has been received by most of you: my email provider migration is successful!
And I'm also very happy with the reception of my article on
useSyncExternalStore! Thanks for your many feedbacks, I will try to write more soon. The idea is to have a 100% dedicated email on a specific topic, to learn something new in a short time.
Otherwise, the weekly curation newsletter is back. This is a bit of a special edition: I've put all the interesting links from the last few weeks. There are way too many and I can't comment on them this time 😅 Don't worry, we'll resume the usual format with my comments at the end of September when I get back from vacation!
To support me:
- 😘 Recommend it to your friends: it really helps!
- 💸 Sponsor the newsletter or sponsor me
- 🧵 Retweet the latest Twitter thread
- 📨 Reply to this email: feedback is welcome
Have you already tried Storyblok? It's the headless CMS with a Visual Editor designed for both developers and marketers!
Use Storyblok React SDK to quickly build reusable components and fetch the content to create your React, Next.js, Remix, or even React-Native applications, websites or eCommerces.
Check out Technology Hub and find it out yourself!
- 📜 Improving INP with React 18 and Suspense
- 📜 PureComponents vs Functional Components with hooks
- 📜 Why React Re-Renders
- 📜 Understanding useMemo and useCallback
- 📜 Avoiding useEffect with callback refs
- 📜 React Query meets React Router
- 📜 (Re-) Introducing Gatsby, A Reactive Site Generator
- 📜 Advanced React component composition
- 📜 Can We All Just Admit React Hooks Were a Bad Idea? Part 2
- 📜 Why Storybook in 2022? + 7.0 design alpha + Writing stories in TypeScript
- 📜 A Complete Guide to React Router: Everything You Need to Know
- 📜 9 Bad React Habits to Kick From Your Life
- 📜 Validating Remix Form Data Using Zod and TypeScript in Action Functions
- 📜 The minimum TypeScript you need for React
- 📜 Patterns.dev - Rendering Patterns
- 📜 We measured the SSR performance of 6 JS frameworks
- 📜 Should You Use A ClassName Prop?
- 📜 Avoiding dynamic CSS-in-JS styles in React
- 📜 Frontend security primer
- 📜 React Error Boundaries: A Complete Guide
- 📜 The GPU Banana Stand
- 📜 A first look at create-t3-app
- 📜 Moving House to Next.js
- 📜 Bringing Together Keyboard-only and Click-based UI Tests with keyboard-testing-library
- 📜 5 Most Common useState Mistakes React Developers Often Make
- 📜 Transform content at the edge with Netlify’s Next.js Runtime
- 📜 Scaling RSG Builds With Gatsby’s Data Layer
- 📜 Is Gatsby In Decline?
- 📖 Separating Events from Effects
- 📖 Removing Effect Dependencies
- 👥 Next.js Conf 2022
- ⏱ Comparing website performance: Gatsby vs Next vs Nuxt
- 📦 Redwood v3.0.0 RC
- 📦 Next.js 12.3
- 📦 Preact Signals
- 📦 Blitz 2.0 beta
- 📦 Astro 1.0
- 📦 Fresh 1.1
- 📦 Mailing
- 📦 Remotion 3.2
- 📦 Gatsby v4.20 + v4.21 + v4.22
- 📦 Announcing React Native 0.70
- 📜 The New Expo CLI
- 📜 EAS Build Changelog
- 📜 Instant Performance Upgrade: From FlatList to FlashList
- 📜 Ditch the Simulator — Running Expo Dev Client natively on an M1 Mac
- 📜 Setting Max Width When Supporting Web and Mobile in React Native
- 🚧 Metro
require.context+ Expo file-system routing demo
- 🎥 React-Native EU 2022
- 💬 Umbrella issue - Add support for Web styles
- 💬 RFC: Reduce API fragmentation across platforms
- 💬 Major Pain Points to Migrate to the New Architecture
- 🎨 Expo + white-label apps demo
- 🎨 Baran animations demos
- 🎨 Flight animation demo
- 📡 Meta working on Yoga successor?
- 🎙️ React-Native-Radio #243-246
- 🎙️ React Native Show #15 - Reassure
The only hiring platform that puts developer health first. We connect React and React Native freelancers with great companies committed to improving developers' mental, physical, and emotional health and well-being.
- Lightning CSS
- Announcing TypeScript 4.8
- TypeScript 4.9 Iteration Plan
- New to the web platform in August
- New in Chrome 105
- Why is CrUX data different from my RUM data?
- Rewriting tests from Cypress to Playwright using GPT3
- Critical CSS? Not So Fast!
- GraphiQL 2.0
- Bunchee - zero config bundler for ECMAScript libraries
- Resumability, WTF?
- CSS container queries are finally here
- Using :has() as a CSS Parent Selector and much more
- Use the Right Container Query Syntax
- Big Changes Ahead for Deno + Deno 1.25
- A first look at Bun: is it really 3x faster than Node.js and Deno?
- Can browsers optimize the loading of third-party resources?
Did you find this article valuable?
Support Sébastien Lorber by becoming a sponsor. Any amount is appreciated!